Divine Blessing

Boarding a Rick reminds me about a very old and harrowing incident during my visit to the capital. I was a collegian at that point of time and was supposed to travel to the city for a social gathering, not a big deal to travel 400 odd kilometers via train, but surprise were there and my ordeal was about to begin.

After finishing my college assignments I reached the railway station and boarded the train which was just waiting for me to board, but before boarding I loaded myself with the required arsenal (Cigarettes, mouth fresheners etc), but in huff-puff I forgot to collect potable water with me. As it was winter I didn’t felt that emergency of water and though of purchasing it during the course of journey. But on the contrary I didn’t saw any vendor with water during the journey and my anxiety started getting wilder. Nothing working I thought of having water once I reach the capital, and the entire journey got over in anticipation of water.

When I reached the capital it was quarter to 12.00 and fog had gripped the capital. It was very chilling there and Rick driver had all excuses to booze, the entire Rick stand appeared to be a “Maykhana”(a bar) , somehow I was able to hold of a young chap who promised to drop me at my destination without charging extra bucks. As I was the lone traveler, he sought my permission to accommodate few more passengers for nearer destination so that he can make some additional money. I happily granted the permission as he was not charging me night charges.

Few more passengers a family rather for nearby destination joined me; I sat next to the driver and fellow passengers on the back seat, and that’s how we started. We have hardly moved a few meters and I Saw a sign board of “Hazarat Nizamuddin chisti dargah” after which I closed my eyes for a small prayer and blessings. A few seconds later on a cross road a speeding car dashed our Rick from the back, the impact was so severe that our Rick toppled innumerable times, the moment I could understand what has happened I was lying on the road and Rick over me. Passerby rushed to the rescue, I was rescued first as I was visible from the derbies; I was surprised to see that I’m alive with all bones in place intact, I took a toll of my fellow passengers; they all were severely injured.

Within no time Police control room vans came rushing; they recorded the statements and arranged transportation to the hospital. Nobody took a toll of me, as it was already 1.00 am and I was getting late, I asked the cop for permission to leave the accident place to which he agreed but was also equally surprised to see me in one piece and without any injury.

I left that place, again in search of Rick who could help me in reaching my destination, with prayers on my lips for the injured one and ton of thanks for the Almighty for saving me in that close encounter with death.

Images source: scenicreflections.com

1 comment:

I would like to have your Opinion on this. Please feel free to share your views!!!!