I’m Lovin’ it


I made a visit to New Delhi some days back and the experience I had with one of the fast food joint was remarkable and I confess that I’m lovin’ it. Not the joint but there management style, the way they train there staff and the values they impart to the employees and the values they deliver to the customer. Though my experiences with the capital city so far have not been great, but the service guy of McDonald made my day and save me from a lot of hassles.

I went to New Delhi to meet someone and after finishing off my meeting I though of having some snacks. I spotted a McDonald outlet and stepped in; after going through the menu I didn’t understood much of it, because I hardly have fast food and the one thing that I frequently buy from McDonald is the happy meal pack. My kids love it, though it’s still not very clear to me that whether they like it for the burger, or for French fries or for soft drink or the toy which they get with the happy meal. I though of ordering the Happy meal pack.

I was carrying two hand bags with me on my visit; clutching one in between the legs and other in the hand, I took out my wallet and handed over the money to the service guy, he gave me the receipt and started preparing the service plate, In fraction of seconds the service plate was ready; I hurried towards the nearby empty seat while leaving something crucial…probably on the payment desk. I sat there and had the meal, I liked the meal; toy was of least interest to me atleast. Thinking that kids will be happy to see the speaking doll I kept it in my bag. After finishing my serving I left the outlet.

After getting out of the restaurant I called up my wife, talked to the kids and made few other calls. After finishing my calls I proceeded towards a cab as I wanted to reach the airport. In the mean time I though of having a Mint (Manikchand) and I started moving towards a shop. I slipped my hands in the back pocket of the trouser and the earth slipped away beneath my feet.

Oh....... my God. To my surprise wallet was not there……!!!!.

What happened to my wallet….???
Have I lost it somewhere…..???
Am I a victim of pick pocketing….???
My head started swindling.......

How will I reach home….????
I even don’t have money to travel to airport….!!!
No identity card to show while checking-in….. !!!
No money at all….!!!!

How/ where will I have my lunch…????

I felt sinking in the ground, my throat dried out and my heart beats overtaking Ferrari’s speed….. and heart popped up to my mouth

Thousands of thoughts were flowing in my mind. I calmly thought about the last transaction that I have made; I remembered paying the service guy. I rushed inside McDonald with heavy feet. I spotted that gentleman who took my order, I was not able to utter words and was finding it very difficult to speak even. I asked him “Boss have you spotted a wallet here”.

To my utter surprise he gave me an affirmative answer and suddenly I felt that I have conquered something, He took my detailed signature as a formality and handed over the wallet back to me. I felt relaxed like never before; I thanked him.

I though of paying some amount to the gentleman as an appreciation but a second though came to my mind that he might feel it insulting.

I thanked him again and came out of the store. We come across genuine individual’s day in and day out and the Earth is a place worth living because of people like that gentleman. I’m Lovin’ it

2 comments:

  1. Vidhyadhar,....the way your described....your experienced...I'm Loving it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, nice to of you to share such good noble deeds......it is infact true that one rarely finds such good-hearted people in the capital city- where people don't even bother to guide through the right roads to destinations!!

    Keep up to remind us that there is - Still Hope!!!

    Srividhya

    ReplyDelete

I would like to have your Opinion on this. Please feel free to share your views!!!!