Turnkey Project

Till recent past our requirements and technical support for IT infrastructure was answered by a local service provider and partially by in house team and we as an organization were satisfied to have 99% uptime of our services, which was collectively maintained and managed by our service provider and in-house team.

After the downturn we as an organization were hit by inflationary cost of resources and services that our service provider use to render. My hunt for advanced and cost effective solution was on and with a little bit of restructuring happening at the top level certain decisions and directions got rephrased. I got a bit of liberty to implement decisions which was for the betterment of the organization and were long term.

The idea of shifting the infrastructure resurface in March this year and I started working on the scope, though I were not fully aware of the nitty-gritty of the transition and neither I detailed it in depth but was doubly sure that the project was going to be different and difficult challenge of its own kind.

My observation and consideration that the project is going to be tricky because of the fact that we been working with certain setup and applications from last 11 years and were at great ease, customizing and reconfiguring most of the things as per the needs. To plugging out things which were up and running from almost a decade and plugging it to a different location and architecture was an uphill task.

Till some point of time it was a thought only to move to a professional data centre, colloborate with some organization which can offer better service, stability and uptime. Aspirations started building stronger with each passing day and Thoughts rolled out on paper and started getting the desired base and shape; I started formulating it in a form of project and started working on it.

With each discussion and advancement in planning stage, I observed some kind of instability in the network and server administration team who were managing the existing setup. I could make out that they were feeling insecure and they themselves were going to be obsolete in the organization once the project is fully implemented.

Things generally happen the other way one thinks of, and same happened with me, some of the key members who were important for the implementation of project left. But this movement didn’t deter me as I was confident of getting the project implement no matter what comes.

Today as most of the things are aligned as per the plans, I really boast on achieving the objectives without anyone’s support, But the funniest part is that I’m alone to understand , compliment and congratulate myself, as there are very few individuals in the organization who understands the complicacies and challenges. But no worries the learning are adding values to my skill set and me happy with that.

Image source: psasystems.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to have your Opinion on this. Please feel free to share your views!!!!