Promises that I have to keep.

From the very first day when the news of downturn appeared in newspaper and news channel I started to calculate many things. I was busy thought day and night watching many things simultaneously the US Presidential elections, Assembly elections in India and what the market analyst across the globe has to say about the fall.

After certain calculation I derived some conclusion and asked my wife to sit and listen to them. I firstly declared an assumption that I have made while calculation certain things. The assumption was that “Neither me nor my company is going to affect by the downturn”

With this assumption I promised her that I will purchase her all the luxurious that we have though of, a big house, a three boxer car, modular kitchen and lot many things for my kids and mom.

Well the thought process behind those promises was a well planned strategy.

My Dream House: With a global slowdown there will be an oversupply of everything in the Indian market and will push the prices south.
Property market will correct itself enormously because the spark in the market was due to the NRI’s investing dollars into the Indian market. Once they run short of money they will be sell there assts and there will be oversupply of housing in India.

Companies who were involved in big projects will find less buyer and pressure will appear on the prices.

Peoples who have blocked there money in assets anticipating that prices will appreciate will start selling their assets causing a further pressure on prices.

There will be at least some cases of defaults (sub prime crises. Though before the downturn the customers were prime customer but after downturn they became sub-prime and couldn’t pay there emi’s) which will force housing loan entities to increase there margin money and interest rates resulting in less availability of loan. So there will be low demand for housing and will create pressure on price again.

All the above sentiments will hamper the zeal of house buyers and at that particular time I will buy a house.

My Dream car: With Giant Auto makers filing for chapter 11 indicated me that my dream for 3 box car is not far away.


Post chapter 11 people will loose faith and interest in the products of those auto giants resulting a lot of stock lying idle in the backyards forcing them to bring down the prices; here I will enter as a buyer.
Companies will cut down the prices to recover the investment made resulting a pressure on the prices; here I will enter the market as a buyer.

Agencies will offer heavy discounts to clear there idle backyard stock and to reduce their cost of holding, here I will enter the market as a buyer.


The downturn will have a multiplier effect on all the things wherein one thing pulling down the second, the second thing pulling down the third one and so on.

I will have ample opportunities to purchase whatever I thought of.

But sorry to say that I defined and speculated the strategy well but couldn’t execute it out, there are n number of reasons of not putting those strategies in action. But the bottom line is that I have to fulfill my promises

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to have your Opinion on this. Please feel free to share your views!!!!