Welter - Shelter


Working on the deadline for my house hunt which was really very short (11th oct-2010 to 13th oct-2010 ), I overstretched myself in terms of efforts to honor the deadline and finally I was able to zero in one residential complex. I communicated with the developer, paid them the token by 12th Night itself and the deal was struck though the other formalities pertaining to loan, house selection/ allocation and other legal procedure was pending. As it was already getting late for the day, so we thought of exploring them by tomorrow.

The very next day i.e. 13th I reached the site to work on the pending issue, but was surprised to learn that they were reluctant to offer me the price which they had committed hardly 5 days back. I was taken aback as I have already paid them the token amount and they were not willing to honor their own commitment, I communicated with their head office even but all in vain.


I was worried about the token as they may even confiscate the entire token money or might deduct some statutory charges as I was filing for the return of the deposit. But thank God the HO people were genuine enough to refund my entire money without any ifs and but.


If it would have been other case I would have fight for the honor of words but unfortunately I couldn’t; specially in this case. As the real estate developers are really big & influential people and one should not really mess around with those people. I don’t know whether I missed my deadline or honored it but the fact is that I own a house for a day virtually but didn’t own it really.

Image source: totalmortgage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to have your Opinion on this. Please feel free to share your views!!!!