Splendorous event


It has been almost 20 days since I last participated on my Blog, well the reasons being genuinely busy schedule, loads of work, apart from one important family marriage function. Though I had an earlier experience of managing big events like marriage all alone but that being my brothers’ marriage, was easy to manage.

I don’t know why but my experience says that it’s always easier to manage boys’ marriage as compared to girls. Blame it the society, culture or rituals; Grooms family is in less fuss-hussy as compared to brides’ family and so was I during my brother’s marriage, though there were lot of coordination, follow-ups, checks and execution involved but I could manage them with an ease.


This time I represented the bride’s side; as my sister in law was getting married, and I was in charge for the entire 2 days function. Huff…. Major responsibilities of making the things move smoothly, right from shopping, taking care of baratis comforts and completing all the marriage related process successfully (approximately 15).


Rigorous planning and lot of paper work helped me in putting the things in the proper sequence and place. Baratis satisfaction was not my aim; instead my aim was that the Baratis should feel Delighted. Everything was programmed properly and supported by backup plans and I could see series of event occurring one after the other which they were programmed for. Everybody from the other side was delighted and was congratulating me for the set of arrangements and hospitality.


I also did “Kanyadaan” ; which is considered as the most holy ritual as per Hindu culture. It was a joyous movement for me and my wife to get an opportunity to perform the rituals of “Kanyadaan” at this young age.


Everything went as per plan and schedule; I could sense delightment and satisfaction everywhere and in the mean time I started gearing up for winding the outstanding things. Some glimpse of tears I could see in my mother in law and wife’s eye but those were genuinely blessings for the newlywed couple.


I also got lot of support from my wife and in laws to execute the planned processes and their contribution was outstanding. Though I outsmart all the contributors but I know the set of commitment and contribution those members have delivered without which it was not possible for me to perform .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to have your Opinion on this. Please feel free to share your views!!!!