Change is inevitable

One of the most visited portal http://www.rediff.com/ has gone a change in the design and appearance. Well change is inevitable and Packaging of the product and services needs to be changed at a regular frequency to keep the interest of the users alive

The day when I opened the site it was entirely a new look and feel, I thought by mistake I might have misspelled it, I closed the browser and keyed in rediff.com again and this time too the same site appeared, I was taken a back, the site got changed without any notice or opinion Poll.

Though it’s there asset and they can change it anytime but I expected /anticipated a user survey about the look and feel, ease of operation before moving to the newer interface with new aesthetics.

I think the previous version of the site was easy and grouping of the contents was done with appropriate hierarchy but right now the grouping area has been expended enormously. A visitor new to the site will never come to know that this a portal, the competitors of rediff look rich in content and asset.

The first view at the home page gave me an impression of the site being a search engine. Home page is as clean as Google’s home page. The point to ponder over here is the Google’s home page has been intentionally kept blank because they might not want there visitor to get defocused from there job of “search”

Today’s rediff appeared me as search engine. With no advertisement, in the home page neither in the inner page, The priorities on the home page has been changed to News, Movies, Cricket. Earlier version has the best tagging in place for example if I’m reading the business news it used to show the Sensex on the right hand panel (Most close relation with the content). But now this facility got lost. Right panel is free with some “Stars Spotted” getting displayed across the portal and no relevance with the content.

Though this are my views and might differ from yours. Wto have you comments on the same and probably we can represent it the rediff board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to have your Opinion on this. Please feel free to share your views!!!!